LEED v4 ID+C (Commercial Interiors) Gold
MediaMarktSaturn Retail Group, the leading European commercial company for consumer electronics with over 1,000 megastores in 14 countries, operates in Italy under the MediaWorld brand, the first company in the sector in the country. Founded in 1991 in Curno (BG), MediaWorld now has 117 stores and around 6,000 employees throughout Italy.
Since June 2019, Mediamarket s.p.a has its first LEED® certified shop in Lipomo (CO), which has obtained the LEED® v4 Gold certification.
With a total area of approximately 2,000 square meters, the LEED® certified shop is composed of a sales area of approximately 1,600 square meters, located on the ground floor of the building and a support area for employees on the first floor.
The LEED® certified shop is located in an area characterized by a high urban density and is close to a variety of services, characteristics which have contributed to increasing the final certification score.
Currently, in addition to the Mediamrket store in Lipomo, there is only one other store in Italy (with a different owner) certified according to the LEED® ID + C Retail v4 Gold level rating; in any case, the Mediamarket store, with its 71 points, is, so far, the one with the highest score in this rating.
Gold level for LEED ® ID+C: Retail
Water-saving sanitary appliances
High efficient lighting
Mediamarket- Como selling pint, has been awarded LEED® Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council) under LEED v4 ID+C (Retail) rating system.
This was possible thanks to a broad spectrum of strategies. Among the sustainable construction and design features of the buildings have been included:
- Materials with high level of recycled content have been selected
- A high efficient envelope has been designed to reduce energy consumption
- In order to reduce energy consumption high efficient and well performing envelope has been designed
- To reduce the energy load for heating, highly efficient heat recovery systems are fitted on air-handling units to recuperate heat from the exhausted air and to reuse it to the supplied air.
- High-reflective “cool roof” materials protect against the urban heat island effect and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, light-colored paving materials was also specified to further minimize the heat island effect.
- Natural daylight has been maximized and LED highly efficient lighting systems have been installed
- Water is saved by means of water efficient bathroom fixtures and faucets, additionally, a rainfall is managed in an efficient way
- The complex is powered by renewable energy from photovoltaic panels.
166.00 KW/m² (52.622 KBtu/ft²)
Annual carbon footprint:
N/A (N/A )
Min. temperature =
Max temperature =
No product info available
Mediamarket SpA con Socio Unico