LEED v3 BD+C (Core & Shell) Gold
The building office LEED certified extends over 14.000 m2 on Via Bernina, in Milan and it is located in an easily accessible area served from the main public transportation facilities. The complex has been designed following the best qualitative standards of the LEED® protocol and It has reached the LEED® v2009 Gold certification.
The external building has been subjected to renovation, in its opaque and glazed components; this has allowed to reach high permeances for am thermo-hygrometric point of view.
The internal architecture of the office spaces is newly built and focuses on efficiency and flexibility.
Regarding the choice of the architectural components, the application of regional materials characterized by low VOC content and high recycled content has been maximized. The LEED® certified management complex is also characterized by highly efficient HVAC systems thanks also to the heat recovery system, and is equipped with a control system for ambient comfort in each regularly occupied area.
Gold level for LEED® Core and Shell 2009
Ventilation + Heat recovery
Water-saving sanitary appliances
Low-emitting materials and finishes
Smart design (passive design strategies)
The Building Office in Via Bernina has been awarded LEED® Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council) under Core and Shell 2009 rating system.
This was possible thanks to a broad spectrum of strategies. Among the sustainable construction and design features of the buildings have been included:
- Building products were procured from local and regional manufacturers within 800 km of the project site to reduce embodied carbon emissions and minimize the building’s carbon footprint.
- Materials with high level of recycled content have been selected
- shading system has been implemented to minimize the solar heat gains, to reduce cooling costs, and avoid glare
- An high efficient envelope has been designed to reduce energy consumption and provide good level of internal thermal and acoustic comfort
- Natural daylight has been maximized and LED high efficient lighting systems have been installed
- To reduce the energy load for heating, highly efficient heat recovery systems are fitted on air-handling units to recuperate heat from the exhausted air and to reuse it to the supplied air.
- High-reflective “cool roof” materials protect against the urban heat island effect and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, light-colored paving materials was also specified to further minimize the heat island effect.
- Healthy indoor finishes and paintings with low and zero VOC content are selected for the interior spaces.
- Water is saved by means of water efficient bathroom fixtures and faucets, additionally, a rainfall is managed in an efficient way.
79.00 KW/m² (25.043 KBtu/ft²)
Annual carbon footprint:
N/A (N/A )
Min. temperature =
Max temperature =
No product info available
BNP PARIBAS REIM SGR P.A
RED s.c.r.l. Resources Engineering Design
CPC Compagnia per Costruire S.p.A