LEED v3 ID+C (Commercial Interiors) Gold
LEED v3 BD+C (New Construction) Platinum
The World Food Program is the United Nations agency founded in 1961 that deals with food assistance. It is the largest humanitarian organization in the world; the agency assists an average of 87 million people in 83 countries around the world. With 1,300 employees in its Rome office, WFP hosts various staff structures and services with particular attention to health and well-being.
The Rome WFP's Headquarter has decided to certify, following the LEED®v2009 protocol, four different buildings of the entire complex, which host respectively:
- A Nursery School characterized by an area of 525 m2
The space is consistent with organization’ value, recognizing the parents’ specific needs in terms of childcare in order to
create a balance between work and private life.
The childcare center has a capacity for 36 children. It includes a kitchen, a multifunctional space, a lactation room with
the presence of a pediatrician, playgrounds, dormitories, eating facilities, toilets and an outdoor playground.
The building has obtained the LEED® v2009 New Construction certification at Platinum level.
- A supermarket (Commissary) characterized by an area of 240 m2 which provides the international staff with a huge
variety of international goods.
The building has achieved the LEED®v2009 New Construction certification at Platinum level.
- A meeting center, characterized by an area of 176 m2 which has increased the organization's meeting capacity by
facilitating the events and training courses hosting at the WFP headquarters.
The structure is highly functional and flexible for various uses, and present different possible configurations. The
capacity is 75 people simultaneously.
The building has achieved LEED® v2009 New Construction certification at Platinum level.
- An office space located in the Red Tower characterized by an area of 510 m2.
The building has achieved LEED® v2009 Commercial Interior certification at Gold level
Child Care: LEED® v2009 New Construction Platinum level certification
Commissary: LEED® v2009 New Construction Platinum level certification
Meeting Center: LEED® v2009 New Construction Platinum level certification
Red Tower: LEED® v2009 Commercial Interior Gold level certification
High efficient façade
Water-saving sanitary appliances
Sustainable building materials
High efficient lighting
The different complexes of the World Food Program 's Headquarter have been awarded respectively
- Child care: LEED® Platinum under New Construction v2009 rating system.
- Supermarket (Commissary): LEED® Platinum under New Construction v2009 rating system
- Meeting center: LEED® Platinum under New Construction v2009 rating system
- Red Tower: LEED® Gold under New Construction v2009 rating system
This was possible thanks to a broad spectrum of strategies. Among the sustainable construction and design features of the buildings have been included:
- Building products were procured from local and regional manufacturers to reduce embodied carbon emissions and
minimize the building’s carbon footprint.
- Materials with high level of recycled content have been selected
- A high efficient envelope has been designed to reduce energy consumption and provide good level of internal thermal
and acoustic comfort.
- Control system for the internal comfort has been provided
- Natural daylight has been maximized and lighting control has been provided
- In order to increase the internal comfort, the outdoor view has been maximized
- Healthy indoor finishes and paintings with low and zero VOC content are selected for the interior spaces.
- The complex is equipped with photovoltaic panels
N/A (N/A )
Annual carbon footprint:
N/A (N/A )
Min. temperature =
Max temperature =
No product info available
World Food Programme
Pasqualucci Impresa di Costruzioni srl